Fairytale Math Center Games Packet - Numbers to 20
This packet includes a set of fun, bright and exciting math centers with a fairy tale theme.
There are 11 games/activities:
1. Carriage Ride - students will learn to recognise numerals, number words and picture representations for the numbers 11-20. Differentiate the activity depending on the level of your students.
2. Castle Climb - Laminate the game boards and have your students use dry erase markers to sequence numerals 11-20 in counting order. try going backwards too! Who will get to the castle first?
3. Piggy in the Middle - The Three Little Pigs are building their own homes and need help to be lined up in order. Students will need to recognise the counting sequence for numbers in the range 1-20 and revise numbers before/after
4. Baby Bear's Porridge - Baby Bear needs encouragement to eat his porridge! He is also just learning to add, so help him by adding two dot-pattern arrangements to find the total
5. Little Red - Model the addition process by combining two groups and then make a number sentence with the + and = signs
6. Jack's Golden Eggs - Model the multiplication process by helping Jack gather and count golden eggs from the magic hens
7. Goldilocks Spin & Cover - students will spin and identify numbers 12 -20
8. Dragon Racer - students will identify and order numerals 10-20 in counting order
9. Tower Pairs - students will match numerals with a matching then or twenty frame
10. Kiss the Frog - students will identify numerals 10-20
11. Castle Count - students will help the knight add numbers up to 20 (numeral and dot pattern, learn to 'count on).
The packet of games has been carefully designed with clear bold graphics that will print beautifully. Have fun!
Check out our blog at