This Fairytale Writing Unit is packed full of FUN and ENGAGING writing activities that will delight and excite young writers.
Each comes with craft activities and writing toppers to create a beautiful eye catching displays that students will be proud to show off in the classroom.
The Fairytales included in the pack are
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- Little Red Riding Hood
- The Three Little Pigs
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
The Following Writing Prompts are included:
* A letter to the Three Bears (letter writing activity. Letter to Goldilocks also included)
* Is Goldilocks good or bad? Opinion/Persuasive writing prompt.
* How to Make Porridge - Procedure Writing
* Making Porridge - Recount Writing Prompt
* Do you like porridge - Graphing activity
* How do you like to eat porridge? Graphing activity
(PLUS GOLDILOCKS AND PORRIDGE BOWL CRAFT ACTIVITY)
LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD
* Letter to Grandma writing template, a letter FROM the Big Bad Wolf template
* What would you take to Grandma's house writing prompt
* Character profile
* Describe the characters (Little Red, Grandma, The Woodsman, The Big Bad Wolf)
(PLUS LITTLE RED, GRANDMA, WOLF and WOODSMAN CRAFT ACTIVITY)
THE THREE LITTLE PIGS
*Big Bad Wolf WANTED poster
*Letter to the Three Little Pigs/Big Bad Wolf writing template
* If I was a little pig I would build a house of…
* How to make little piggy biscuits cooking activity and procedure writing
* Little Pig Character Profile
* Compare the Fairytales (The Three Little Pigs v. The Three Billy Goats Gruff)
* The Big, Good Wolf - Alternate ending writing template
(PLUS WOLF AND LITTLE PIG CRAFT ACTIVITY)
THE THREE BILLY GOATS GRUFF
*How to Cheer up a Troll
*How to Cheer up a Troll procedure writing
*Trolls Are, Can, Have
*How can the Billy Goats cross the river without disturbing the Troll?
*Diary of a Troll
(PLUS TROLL CRAFT ACTIVITY)
* Who is the fairest of the all - brainstorm activity
* Who is fairest of them all writing prompt
* Which dwarf would you be writing prompt
* A letter to the Queen template
* Who is fairest of them all drawing and writing activity
* Compare the fairytales Snow White v. Cinderella
* Who would you rather be? Cinderella or Snow White writing prompt
(PLUS SNOW WHITE AND DWARF CRAFT ACTIVITY)
* Use adjectives to describe Cinderalla (Fairy Godmother, Prince and step mother also included)
* Compare the fairytales: Cinderella and Snow White
* Who would you rather be? Cinderella or Snow White
* Which story did you like better? Cinderella or Snow White?
* Cinderella is missing poster
* Cinderella recount
* If I had a fairy godmother...
* Who would you rather be? Cinderella or her fairy godmother?
(PLUS CINDERELLA AND FAIRY GODMOTHER CRAFT ACTIVITY)