I believe Christian music is one of the most powerful tools of evangelization that, unfortunately, most teachers are taking advantage of.
I distinctly remember the first time I gave Christian music a chance. I was a freshman in high school and one of the adult leaders from my school’s Fellowship of Christian Athletes club had a door prize for me: A $1.99 “Simply Fabulous” compilation CD.
I remember thinking, “Umm… thanks, but no thanks” because I, like most of my peers, only listened to what was “popular” and had the idea that “Christian music” meant “old people church music”.
Thankfully, I accepted the CD and brought it home. After leaving it on my shelf for a long time and almost throwing it away on numerous occasions, I finally put it in my CD player and gave it a chance.
Being a $1.99 CD, the caliber of music featured on it was nothing to brag about, but there was SOMETHING about the lyrics that stirred my heart and drew me in. There was a depth to the lyrics that matched a hunger in my soul that at the time I didn’t even realize I had.
After countless listens of this CD strengthened my faith and drew me into a deeper relationship with Christ. It became a springboard for me to test out the waters of other Christian music, which eventually drew me even deeper into a life focused on Jesus.
I know it sounds kind of cliché, but .
As such, I’ve always tried to incorporate Christian music in my classroom. Whether playing Christian music as my students walk into class some days, blasting it during homeroom “cleaning parties”, or incorporating into a lesson to help drive home a point, I’ve seen firsthand how powerful Christian music can be.
By far the most impactful way I utilized Christian music was through assignments asking students to look for and analyze Christian songs that they personally enjoyed.
This particular assignment is a new and improved version of one that my students really loved. In fact, they loved it so much that many of them eagerly asked for it to be assigned again and again! I eventually built this into my curriculum, assigning it every other month of the school year to great excitement and success.
I know your students are going to love this assignment and I'm convinced that God will continue to use Christian music to change the lives of students like yours!
Included in this download:
- Faith & Music Lesson Plans for both distance learning and in-class learning
- A “student chooses” version of this assignement (containing 10 slides for students to complete)
- A “teacher chooses” version of this assignement (containing 10 slides for students to complete)
- Assignments in Google Slides, Powerpoint, and PDF formats
- Multiple tried and true playlists of high-quality, inspiring Christian music that my students loved!
- Fully editable copy of assignments (so teachers can add, delete, or edit any/all aspects of the assignments)
- Video tour explanation of everything available in this download
Howdy! My name is Greg Aitchison, a husband, father, and 14-year teacher of the Catholic faith. If you’re a teacher looking for fun, engaging, and inspiring resources that’ll and help your students become “mini-theologians” and “big-time SAINTS”, then you’ve come to the right place!
⭐⭐⭐ 5 AND THINGS TO DO:
1. Become a part of Join my e-mail list to get a bunch of freebies, enjoy great sales, and be the first to hear about all kinds of brand-new content! (*If you don’t love all the awesomeness, you can of course unsubscribe whenever you want.)
2. Click the “Follow Me” star at the top of this page to be notified of flash sales and new resources as soon as they’re available!
3. Get some ! Every time you give feedback for a product you have purchased, Teachers Pay Teachers will give you “feedback credits” that you can use to lower the cost of any of your future purchases. Just go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login), click the text that says Provide Feedback (beside each purchase), and leave a review! My goal is to and your feedback helps me do just that! It means A TON to me to get a 5-star review. Not only does it encourage other buyers to check out my products, but it inspires me to create even more fun and engaging resources!
4. Check out for all kinds of awesome Catholic merch (posters, stickers, coffee mugs, and more!). There are of designs to choose from, including posters for your classroom that can literally change the lives of your students. Don’t believe me? Check out my blog post, to see just how much of a game-changer I found posters to be in my classroom.
5. Visit my website, for even more resources and inspiration! ✝️
Thanks for stopping by!
Questions, comments, or just want to say “Hi!”? Drop me a line anytime! E-mail: Greg@CatholicReligionTeacher.com
Copyright © Catholic Religion Teacher - Products are for use by the original purchaser only and are bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author.