Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
One of the most important life skills we can teach students is how to think critically about new information and to question the sources they come across. This mini-unit is designed to help them evaluate news sources and identify elements of "fake news" sites and what to look for to determine if a site is trustworthy. This unit can be used in social studies or ELA and is a great activity to leave for a sub.
- unit guide
- fun, engaging anticipatory set activity
- PowerPoint with vocabulary and illustrated examples of each term
- website evaluation activity
- HyperDoc exploration of articles, videos, infographics, and more
- links to articles and videos
- exit ticket