Effectively navigating news and information through a CRITICAL & ANALYTICAL LENS is an essential skill for students to have in an increasingly online and digital world. This all-in-one resource includes a mini-lesson with PowerPoint and Handout on the CRAP Checklist which can be used to evaluate online sources, a game to give students practicing using the CRAP Checklist, and a graphic organizer that can be used in several ways over the course of a media literacy unit.
Students will be able to:
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of news/media consumers
- Reflect on why media literacy is essential in this age of increased media consumption
- Identify "fake news" and evaluate the credibility and validity of sources
- Full lesson plan with a thematic PowerPoint, talking points, and printable CRAP Checklist handout for students to follow along.
- Choose your own article or use the ones I provide!
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE
For more creative content and to keep up with new products, follow me on Instagram @RisingUpwithMrsR
WANT TO CHECK OUT MY WORK BEFORE PURCHASING?
Download my FREE Rhetorical Situation Quick Guide and Mini-Lesson using The Office! A fun and engaging activity that will give you an idea of the quality of work you can expect from my products!