Your students will learn all about the Autumn season and use multi media to create a collage design. They will marvel at the textures they create via leaf rubbings and admire how the paint blends and spreads with liquid watercolors on diffusing paper!
In this lesson students will analyze how texture and pattern emerge through repetition of line and shape, study the leaf guide and become familiar with certain types of leaves and trees and create a collage design including various leaf types. They will focus on placement of shapes in space and the use of liquid watercolors to blend colors on diffusing paper. The lesson reflects the Common Core Standards of Speaking and Listening for grades one through two.
It contains a second identical lesson plan and includes the New York City Blueprint indicators for Teaching and learning in the Arts.
Included in this lesson:
- A full (one page) printable comprehensive lesson plan with:
Design Elements and Principles
National Standards for Visual Arts
Common Core Standards
New York City Blueprint indicators for Teaching and learning in the Arts
Session activities and tasks
Summary and assessment
- Images of the process of the entire project.
- A detailed printable rubric with lesson goal options and self and teacher assessments.
- Four printable vocabulary words.
- A leaf guide
- A full (one page) printable comprehensive lesson plan with New York City Blueprint indicators for Teaching and learning in the Arts, session planning and differentiation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License