This unit contains 3 levels of emergent stories that will meet the need of all of your young students. All 3 stories have a "Fall" theme. Each reader comes in a small black-line student reader as well as a larger colored version of the story. These stories will be great shared reading or guided reading selections for your classroom.The literacy activities provided are great as a follow-up to the story. All activities can be used during your workshop time to support skills important for young readers - sight word knowledge, beginning sounds, letter recognition/writing, sentence structure and decoding words. This unit will be a great addition to your students' literacy development. Ready to use in your classroom tomorrow with little to no preparation.
1. Is it Fall? (level 3) emergent reader: black-line and larger colored version
2. Is it Fall? (level 2) emergent reader: black-line and larger colored version
3. It is Fall! (level 1) emergent reader: black-line and larger colored version
1. Simple Sentence Match: 2 levels
a. Here is a …
b. The …
2. One Page Sight Word Stories
a. Fall – The __________. – word missing from text – students will cut and paste word.
b. Fall – This is a ______. – picture missing from text – students will cut and paste the picture.
a. Beginning Sound Sort: Ff vs. not an Ff
b. Letter Formation Sort: F vs. f
4. Letter Writing Activity Sheet: Letter Ff
5. Read, Match, Stamp and Write: sight word practice – 2 pages
6. Rainbow Writing: sight word practice – 2 pages
7. Build a Sentence
a. I see a fall tree.
b. We have an orange pumpkin.