Fall Fiction and Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Passages Finding Text Evidence
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Need to provide practice with close reading and identifying text evidence? These 80 fiction and nonfiction text passages engage and challenge students while they develop critical literacy skills, essential comprehension, and test prep success.The cost is about 22¢ per passage, and you get 80 originaPrice $18.97Original Price $37.94Save $18.97
These 20 autumn reading comprehension passages are great practice for working on finding nonfiction and fiction text evidence. First, your students will refer to the reading and find the answers in the text. Then, they'll underline or highlight the text evidence in a specific color and answer the corresponding question. These PRINT and DIGITAL passages are great for close reading.
>>>> Want more reading comprehension passages? Click here! <<<<<
HERE'S WHAT YOU GET:
- DIGITAL (paperless) versions for Google Classroom™ using Google Slides™
- PRINTABLE paper/pencil versions
- 10 original nonfiction passages about Fall/Autumn
- 10 original fiction stories focusing on Fall/Autumn
Just print the pages, and you're ready for class!
This resource is a printable PAPER/PENCIL set.
Skills covered in this set include:
- finding the answers (text evidence) in the passages - 20 passages!
- referring back to the text evidence
- answering questions using the text information
- comparing and contrasting organizer
The nonfiction passages included are:
- How to Make Hot Chocolate
- The History of Candy Corn
- Why Do Leaves Change Color?
The fiction stories included are:
- The Ruined Pumpkin Pie
- I Don't Want to Play Outside
- Lost. Completely Lost.
- Bonfire Fun
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- The Haunted House
- A Hayride to Remember
- Football Fumble
- The Big Race
- Fashion Disaster
What's different about this resource?
"Bubbles" rather than crayons are used to indicate which color to underline or highlight. This set is perfect for older, struggling readers to feel more mature and comfortable using these pages.
HOW TO USE THE PRINTABLE SETS:
Students read the passage at least one time before beginning the questions. Each question has a bubble with a color word written inside. Students look back in the reading, locate the answer, and underline it using the color designated by the bubble. Then students write their answers on the lines. That's how they show text evidence and prove their answers.
THE PRINTABLE SETS INCLUDE:
- 10 Nonfiction text passages
- 10 Fiction stories
- A Venn Diagram for comparing two passages
- A page asking students to create two questions of their own along with answers to the questions
- Answer keys
HOW DO I USE THE DIGITAL SETS?
Students read the passage at least one time before beginning the questions. Each question has a colored bubble in front of it. Students will look back in the reading, locate the answer, and cover it with the designated color's drag and drop the highlighting strip.
THE DIGITAL SETS INCLUDE:
- 10 Fiction text passages (same passages as the print version)
- 10 Nonfiction text passages (same passages as the print version)
- A slide asking students to create two questions of their own along with answers to the questions
- Answer keys
- Directions for assigning the digital slides to students
WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR THIS RESOURCE?
- This resource was created with Google Slides™.
- You will need a Google email to make a copy for your Google Drive.
- You can assign these passages through Google Classroom or send them via email to students.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I PURCHASE THIS RESOURCE?
- Download and read the PDF directions.
- Click the link to make a copy of the resource for your own drive.
- Assign to your students using the enclosed directions.
This resource is NOT EDITABLE.
This Text Evidence Packet is aligned to CCSS R.I. 2.1, R.I. 3.1, and R.I 4.1
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Text Evidence BUNDLE: Woodland Animals and Primates
Click here to follow my store. You'll be notified about sales and new resources posted at 50% off for the first 24 hours.