**Note: this challenge is identical to the Valentine's Day Candy Grabber Challenge but with a Halloween theme**
This engineering design challenge is perfect for a fun and educational STEM Halloween project (Using the word "Halloween" is optional -- alternate pages are included)! Students will work in teams to design and build a device that uses the power of levers to pick up candy from a distance. After completing the project, use the provided handout to discuss the real-world STEM career as a prosthetist. Our students have loved this activity, and we know yours will too!
Included in this product:
- Detailed teachers guide with links to resources
- Grading Rubric
- Handout teaching the concept of levers
- Student handouts to guide them through the engineering design process
- Student recording sheet for each step of the process
- Math connection problems including areas, percentages, and graphing (With an answer key) in both customary and metric units
-Related STEM career connection
About STEM Challenges:
STEM challenges are an engaging way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or afterschool program! These hands-on activities allow students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own structure.
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥