** Note: this product is the same challenge as our Volcano Shelter STEM Challenge, but with a Fall/ Halloween theme**
Your students will have a blast working in teams to build a shelter that can survive a volcanic eruption from a pumpkin! The activity guides your students through the engineering design process and connects math topics to real-world applications. Our students have loved this activity, and we know yours will too!
This engaging, student-driven activity includes an optional simulated volcanic eruption, to test the students' shelter designs, using baking soda, vinegar, dish soap and a pumpkin. This makes for an exciting and educational experience they will remember!
Included in this product:
* Detailed teachers guide with links to resources
* Volcano information sheet
* Grading Rubric
*Student handouts to guide them through the engineering design process
* Student recording sheet for each step of the process
* Reflection questions to ensure concepts are understood
* Math connection problems including surface area and unit conversion (answer key included) in American customary and metric units
About STEM Challenges:
STEM challenges are an engaging way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or afterschool program! These hands-on activities allow students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own structure.
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥