This engaging STEM challenge is a fun way to incorporate the engineering design process and related math word problems into your class with a festive theme. A storyline is provided to add the "next chapter" to the book "Room on the Broom" by Julia Donaldson, although reading the book is not required. Your students will be excited to work in teams to rescue the kind witch!
This packet includes:
1. Storyline with a Halloween theme
2. Design Challenge and introduction to the Engineering Design Process
3. Student worksheets to complete the challenge
4. Math extension questions aligned to grades 1-4 common core standards in both customary and metric units
5. Grading rubric
6. Reflection questions
About STEM Challenges:
STEM challenges are an engaging way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or afterschool program! These hands-on activities allow students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own balloon rocket device.
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥