Products in this Bundle (10)
showing 1-5 of 10 products
Start the year with our most popular fall STEM challenges! These STEM activities are great for back to school, celebrating the fall season, and connecting to Halloween and Thanksgiving themes!
5 Halloween Themed Engineering Challenges
- Spider Parachute Halloween Engineering Challenge: Design a parachute to save a spider! This is a fun Halloween STEM activity that your students will love with a version for !
- Haunted House Paper Circuit Halloween STEM Activity: What’s more spooktackular than a haunted house? One that your students make while learning the basics of circuits! Includes 4 paper circuit templates and a design challenge.
- Robot Hand Candy Grabber Engineering Challenge: Design a grabber to pick up Halloween candy while also learning about human anatomy and biomedical engineering. Includes handouts for
- Candy Grabber Engineering Challenge: Students will work in teams to design and build a device that uses the power of levers to pick up candy from a distance. After completing the project, use the provided handout to discuss the real-world STEM career as a prosthetist.
- Rescue the Witch Engineering Challenge: A storyline is provided to add the "next chapter" to the book "Room on the Broom" by Julia Donaldson, although reading the book is not required. Your students will be excited to work in teams to rescue the kind witch!
5 Fall or Thanksgiving Themed Engineering Challenges
- Fall Pumpkin Catapult - Math & Engineering Activity (Angles and Ratios): Looking for a pumpkin chunkin catapult challenge? Look no further with this fall or Halloween themed STEM catapult activity!
- Pumpkin Volcano Shelter Engineering Challenge: This engaging, student-driven activity includes an optional simulated volcanic eruption, to test the students' shelter designs, using baking soda, vinegar, dish soap and a pumpkin. This makes for an exciting and educational experience they will remember!
- Harvest Moon Science: First, learn about the phases of the moon using a handout designed to illustrate the moon phases using Oreos. Then discover the natural phenomenon of the "Harvest Moon" that occurs near the autumn equinox. The included handouts detail fascinating facts and instructions for exploring how the atmosphere gives the harvest moon its colored glow!
- Thankful for STEM Activity Sheet: Perfect for a warm-up or as an introduction to a STEM activity, this worksheet is a thought provoking student activity. Students are asked to describe what they are thankful for in each STEM category. This is a great addition to your lessons during Thanksgiving season!
- Thanksgiving Turkey Nest Engineering Challenge: Students will practice the Engineering Design Process with this hands-on STEM challenge building a turkey nest to safely catch a falling egg. A fun twist on the classic egg-drop challenge, this activity is an exciting way to foster critical thinking and team building skills!
Looking for more STEM lessons? Find the Vivify resource guide here: bit.ly/VivifyResourceGuide
About STEM Challenges: Click here to learn more about the 3 Stages of STEM. SEM challenges are an engaging way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or after school program! These hands-on activities allow students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own device.
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥