This headbands game gets your students up and moving around the classroom and is a fun way to review notes on the staff, dynamics, tempi, values of basic rhythms and rests, and key signatures (up to and including 4 sharps and flats)! Simply print, cut out the leaves, and enjoy!
To play the game, students each place a leaf on their forehead so they can't see what is written on it and walk around the classroom trying to find their match. They assist their peers by telling them what is written on their leaves (e.g. "You are middle C in the treble clef" or "You are the key signature of A Major"). The game is finished when each student has found a peer with a leaf that matches his/her own.
Includes the following concepts, as well as 5 blank pages of leaves for you to add terms/definitions, etc. particular to your class:
- Treble clef notes from C4 (middle C) to C6
- Bass clef notes from C4 (middle C) to C2
- Key signatures for Major and minor keys (treble clef only) up to and including four sharps and four flats
- Values of rhythms and rests (eighth [single and beamed], quarter, half, whole, dotted half note)
- Dynamics (fortissimo to pianissimo plus decrescendo, diminuendo and crescendo)
- Terms and definitions (ritardando, fermata, staccato, legato)
- Tempo terms and definitions (presto, allegro, andante, allegretto, moderato, adagio, largo)
This game was created on Mac; if, after purchasing, you have any issues with formatting, kindly get in touch and I will send you a PDF version.