This packet is full of idiom fun featuring the fall season. Take a look at the contents and instructions.
• One open-ended fall game board
• One spinner option
• One die option
• 26 idiom cards with two options for answers per card
• 24 idiom matching game cards
• 2 idiom worksheets (ideal for homework)
Open-ended game board:
• Begin at the top of the game and move around the board until reaching the end.
• Pick your own tokens to play.
• Use the spinner or die during gameplay.
• Present each card to the student. If the student needs help describing the meaning of the idiom, present the student with two options for answers.
Idiom matching game:
• Mix together all of the matching game cards and lay them face down on the table. The student must select one acorn card and one pumpkin card. If the idiom and the meaning matches, the student would keep the cards and take a second turn. Play until all cards are matched up.
• Each worksheet contains instructions. Send these worksheets home for homework to encourage practicing idioms in alternative settings.
Be sure to preview the file to ensure it meets the needs of your students prior to purchasing.
Please be sure to visit Breanna's Speech Blog
for more activities and for a peek into my speech room.
Graphics: Creative Clips by Krista Wallden