This unit is filled with fun fall leaf activities for grades PreK, K, and 1. Students will love completing the following activities:
1. Fall Is Here--an 8 page emergent reader reinforcing the color words green, red, orange, yellow, brown. (Black and white and color)
2. Color Match Game--match the colored leaves to the color words. (red, green, orange, yellow, brown) Includes an activity sheet where students color leaves the color indicated below each leaf.
3. What is your favorite color leaf?--graphing activity
4. Leaf Man Art Project. Cut out the leaves and create your own "Leaf Man"
5. Writing about what you like to do in the fall, and graphic organizers to write about leaves--differentiated for two levels of writers
6. Signs of Fall writing activity.
7. Leafy Antonyms Match Game with record sheet
8. Complete the leaf patterns--patterns using numbers and letters, as well as two "create your own" patterns
9. Number bonds. Complete the number bonds and write addition and subtraction sentences.
10. Leaf Graphics. These graphics include: 12 cards with no numbers on them to use with math problem solving; cards numbered from 0-20; cards with even and odd numbers from 0-20; cards with number words from zero to twenty; cards to count by 5's and 10's to 120; cards with numbers from 1-120
11. Measuring activities using the leaf graphics non-numbered cards from # 10.
12. Addition Problem Solving (Use non numbered graphic cards to solve, then write the sum.)
13. Ten Frame Boards. These can be laminated and cut out to represent a stack of 10 blocks when the child is building two digit numbers (25=2 groups of 10 and 5 more). They can also be used to help children learn the 10 facts. Child shakes a 10-sided dice and covers that many spaces on the 10 frame. Child then orally says, I have (8 leaves), I need (2) more to equal 10.
14. Upper and lower case alphabet letters to build words or match upper to lower case letters.
15. High Frequency Word Match Game/"Go Fish" (80 most common) words.
16. Alphabetical Order game using fall words.
17. Assorted Fall Leaf Activities: Art ideas, snacks, class games