Also included in
- Get enough literacy activities to keep your little learners engaged the entire school year! This versatile holiday and seasonal themed phonics resource bundle offers multiple opportunities to practice beginning consonant sounds. Each individual resource has large and small clip cards for initial co$24.00$30.00Save $6.00
PLEASE NOTE: These activities are appropriate for use by learners and classrooms who DO NOT celebrate Halloween. The pumpkin images are NOT depicted as Jack-o-Lanterns. There are other autumn themed images in this resource, but no Halloween images.
This resource can be used to supplement any phonics program. There is no specific order of use for the cards. You may use as many or as few of the cards as necessary to meet the needs of individual learners, to address a specific lesson, or to supplement your phonics program.
This resource has the following components:
• 22 Beginning Consonant Sounds Color Clip Cards (approx. 8.75 in. wide X 5.8 in. tall)
• 22 Beginning Consonant Sounds Blackline Clip Cards (approx. 8.75 in. wide X 5.8 inches in. tall)
• 22 Beginning Consonant Sounds Color Clip Cards (approx. 5.75 in. wide X 3.8 in. tall)
• 22 Beginning Consonant Sounds Blackline Clip Cards (approx. 5.75 in. wide X 3.8 in. tall)
• Answer Key
PLEASE NOTE: The images on each set of consonant sounds cards are the same. The cards are just offered in the varied sizes and color formats. The smaller cards in blackline format offer an economical solution to provide an entire set of cards for practice at home for each learner in your class.
Each card has 7 images associated with the initial sound addressed by the card, so you will need to provide 7 clothespins for each clip card you are using.
The smaller cards are sized to fit in a dollar store 4 X 6 inch photo album. They are also sized to cut and paste into notebooks or journals.
All beginning consonants sounds are covered with the exception X. Separate pages are included for the Soft C and Soft G Beginning Consonant Sounds. Initial vowel sounds are NOT addressed in this packet.
Most images are familiar things that little learners will immediately recognize. A few images (such as quill or zeppelin) may offer vocabulary expansion opportunities for some learners.
Buyers Outside the USA Please Note: A US quarter coin is used for the beginning Q. An image of George Washington is used for the beginning Soft G sound.
The activities in this packet support the ELA Common Core Standards for Phonics and Word Recognition, Print Concepts, Conventions of Standard English, and Vocabulary Acquisition and Use.
Thank you for looking at this resource. I hope you and your learners enjoy these activities.
Have fun practicing beginning sounds with your scarecrow friends!
Please click on the links below to view other resources you may enjoy.
Fall Alphabet Puzzles
Thanksgiving Literacy Activities Alpha Turkey Beginning Consonant Sounds
Alphabet Puzzles 5 Piece Puzzles
Apple CVC Match Up
CVC Word Picture Clip Cards
$$$ Saving Bundles
Pumpkins Number Sense Math Centers Bundle
Phonics Puzzles Bundle