Autumn is finally HERE! Welcome this lovely season with these engaging, meaningful literacy work stations! Included in this product are 6 separate activities for literacy work stations in your classroom, complete with recording sheets and "high flyer" extension ideas.
1. Uppercase and lowercase letter matching: Students will match uppercase to lowercase letters and then practice writing both uppercase and lowercase letters.
2. Beginning OR ending sound bags: Students will use clothespins to clip the beginning sound of the picture and then record answers on recording sheet. Students will use clothespins to clip the ending sound of the picture and then record answers on recording sheet.
3. Spooky Syllables: Students will use clothespins to clip the amount syllables in a word, which is shown as a picture. (Place a small sticker on the back side of the cards on the correct answer before laminating the cards for self-checking work.) Then, students will record their thinking on a recording sheet.
4. Write the Room: Students will walk around the room to match pictures from cards to their paper and then write the word on the card on the recording sheet.
5. Autumn Word Count & Sentences: Students will count the words in autumn sentences and record on recording sheets. Students will copy sentences from cards to paper (add illustrations for extension if wanted).
6. Letter and Sound Puzzles: Students will match uppercase to lowercase letters to complete a puzzle. Students will match pictures to the picture's beginning sound letter to complete a puzzle.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com. Thanks so much!