Ten, count them, 10 interactive engaging Halloween and Fall math activities that practice Common Core Standards. The games span a range of abilities so they can be used for 1st or 2nd grade. These make it easy to differentiate and meet your students' needs.
Task cards, sorts, paper clip spinners, a card game, and puzzles are all included for tons of variety in the tasks. I've also included accountability papers for when you want students to show their work and their understanding of the concepts.
No scary witches here. One activity has a pumpkin that has been cut open so that students can match puzzles of seeds to make a group of ten on a ten frame. All other graphics are seasonal. So you can put this out on October 1st and go through November. The apples, scarecrows, footballs, leaves, rakes, pumpkins, squirrels, acorns, etc. won't scare your kids away from these activities.
139 pages altogether. Included is a directory to help you easily get to the page you need. Each activity has a Teacher Tip page to explain the activity and show you a photo or two of the activity in use. Most activities also have a half page kid friendly direction card along with a half page "I can" goal statement. I tried to include everything (except the kitchen sink).
1. Pumpkin Seed Puzzles: Students will match up one yellow background group of seeds with a white background group of seeds to have 10 seeds altogether.
2. Count On: Fill in the missing numbers under 20, over 20 (up to 100), and following a number that ends in a nine. These are sure to help those students who need extra work with rote counting and number formation.
3. Leaf Graph: Just add a paper clip and your students will create a bar graph, add 4 addends to solve for the sum, and work on the concepts of most and least.
4. Line Plot: Another paper clip spinner game! Kids love them and they will be learning too as they add an X on their line plot. These were so confusing when they showed up on grade level tests at first . . but they won't be tricky for your class.
5. Number Puzzles: Read numbers in 3 ways and match them up.
6. Number Clues: Determine the number by looking at base ten blocks. Then write how many tens and ones are shown.
7. Twins +1: Knowing the "Doubles" math facts help make fact fluency even faster. Sort "Doubles" and "Doubles +1". Students can complete the accountability paper writing the addends and the sums.
8. I Spy a Group: Get your kids adding 3 or 4 addends as they also get ready for multiplication looking for groups within an array.
9. Expanded Form Card Game: “Go Fish” just got a little more educational with these expanded form and number matching cards.
10. Even or Odd: Start with ten frames for the visual learners and then move on to two digit and three digit numbers.
If you need more math resources . . .
check out my store and see other math sets I have for the year.
They were made for 1st grade but they can be great review and practice for 2nd grade as well.
Back to School Math Just Print It Common Core
Fall Math Just Print It Common Core
Gingerbread Man Math Just Print It Common Core
Christmas Holiday in December Math Just Print It Common Core
Winter Fun Math Just Print It Common Core
Valentine's Day Math Just Print It Common Core
St. Patrick's Day Math Just Print It Common Core
Spring Math Just Print It Common Core
End of Year Math Just Print It Common Core
I hope that your new download is everything you have wished for.
This could help you check one more thing off of your "To Do" list.
Any claims of correlation or alignment to the Common Core State Standards are solely those of Wendy Wished and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the creators of CCSS.
Purchase of this product entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce the pages for ONE CLASSROOM ONLY. Duplication for more than one classroom, such as another teacher, grade level, school or district is strictly forbidden without the written permission from the author. Copying any part of this product and placing it on the internet in any form is strictly forbidden.