This set of reading passages gives students practice with the skill of interacting closely with nonfiction text. More specifically, it gives them practice with the act of going back to the text to locate specific text evidence.
This pack includes:
- Information and samples
- A clickable table of contents
- A total of 14 high interest, nonfiction passages
- Text dependent questions and tasks for each passage
- A text dependent constructed response (a written response option) for each passage
- Answer keys for all free response questions
- Sample responses for each constructed response
I prefer to use close reading as an instructional tool, in a whole group setting. However, these passages are great for use in not only a whole group setting, but also in a small group setting, as independent practice, in a center, or for homework. There are many ways to use them as you support the needs of your students.
- Fall Leaves
- School Around the World
- The Pilgrims
Paired Texts (can be used to compare texts or independently of one another)
- Spider Webs
Check out the preview for a closer look.
Also, be sure to check out my other close read packs:
Winter Nonfiction Reading Passages
Spring Nonfiction Reading Passages
Buy the bundle and save!
Nonfiction Reading Passages BUNDLE