Patterning is such an important concept for young children to understand. It is a key building block for further math and literacy learning. These 8 differentiated activities and centers have been created to help students develop a deep understanding of patterning. Included in this unit are activities that allow the children to identify, reproduce and create their own 2 and 3 element patterns. It also allows students to distinguish between patterns and unpatterned sequences of objects.
Centers and activities include:
- Fall Patterns Mat (students select a pattern type and create the pattern on the mat) optional differentiated recording sheets are included
- Patterns in Nature activitiy and recording sheet
- Lego patterns cards and differentiated recording sheets -Two centers
- My Lego pattern booklet
- Pattern or Not a Pattern Sort
- Sorting Patterns (AB, AAB, AABB, ABC, AABC) -Two centers