Being a director of your school’s fall play or spring musical can be a daunting task! There’s so much to do and so much to prepare! Make sure your audition process goes as smoothly as possible through this Fall Play & Spring Musical Audition Packet!
This audition packet contains templates for everything you need to have successful auditions! To start, there is a director’s guide to thoroughly explain my version of the audition process I found to be the most successful in all my time as a drama teacher. I always found that if I chose pieces from the show they were auditioning from, they were the most successful. This audition packet it geared towards that.
Templates are included for a fall play and a spring musical where appropriate, so no matter what kind of show you are producing, you can use these templates! In addition to this, I have provided a Director’s Guide to running auditions which carefully goes over the audition process that was the most successful for me as well as detailing how exactly each page of the audition packet is used.
These templates and guides are provided as Google Doc links as well as Microsoft Word documents.
In this bundle you will find:
* Director’s Guide to the Audition Process which walks you step by step through my most successful audition process and explains all of the audition materials. (4 pages)
* Cover Page Template for a fall play or spring musical audition packet covering the important dates and requirements for the audition (1 page each)
* Character Breakdown Template for a fall play or spring musical audition with examples from a play and a musical I directed in the past. (2 pages each)
* Audition Monologue Template. Beyond this template, simply type out the audition monologues here. (1 page)
* Song Choice Template. All you have to do beyond this is have the sheet music available. (1 page)
* Audition Application Template. This template provides a space for director’s notes as well. (1 page)
* Example Rehearsal Schedules for a fall play or spring musical. If this is the first play or musical you are directing, take a look here for how I ran my rehearsals! (2 pages each)
* Main Stage Production Contract Template. Have your students and parents sign this template in order to make your rules clear! (1 page)
* Audition Confirmation Slips (1 page)
* Parent Volunteers Template. Everyone needs parent volunteers! Use this template to help you gather them! (1 page)
In total, this unit will bring you over 20 PAGES of content to help your audition process (and beyond!) run as smoothly as possible!
For you, the busy drama teacher, all you have to do is fill in the templates and print! Everything is now prepped for you! Have fun and enjoy running your auditions. Break a leg!