Fall Read Aloud and Activity The Scarecrow's Dance Picture Book Companion
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- Are you looking for engaging autumn-themed activities to go along with fall picture book read-alouds for your upper elementary classroom this October and November? You will love this high-interest and engaging interactive read-aloud pack with reading, writing, and word work activities to complete alPrice $14.00Original Price $18.00Save $4.00
- Bring more to your interactive read-aloud time and reading lessons with these high-interest and engaging, interactive read-aloud activity packs complete with guides for reading, writing, and word work activities. The books included are perfect for upper elementary classrooms and will help you meet rPrice $60.00Original Price $108.00Save $48.00
These high interest and engaging reading, writing, and word work activities align with a read-aloud of written by: Jane Yolen. This interactive read-aloud has everything you need to make the most of one book!
Focus skills for this book include:
: Visualizing and Making Mental Images as Readers
: Writing with Vivid Verbs
: Is that Noun Plural or Possessive?
: Write your own poem, descriptive character writing,
book review, and more!
Please be sure to read the book prior to purchasing to make sure that it meets your individual class needs! Thank you!
This set includes BOTH print and digital activities.
KINDLY NOTE: This set does NOT include the picture book, excerpts from the book, photos of the pages, links to the book, or a typed text of the book. These are companion activities to go alongside your own copy of the book.
Make the most of the time that you have with your students by using picture books, again and again, each time reading them with a new lens.
This series was designed with busy upper elementary teachers, like you in mind! Like you, I love to share picture books with my students. I know how much time it takes to create content-rich activities that promote critical thinking and align with standards for the books that we read with our students. That is why I created these reading packs. I have taken my love of read alouds and coupled it with interactive read-aloud guides and rich meaningful activities to help you make the most of the time you have with your students.
While there is plenty of material to pick from, this resource was designed for you to pick and choose which activities are right for your classroom. Use them all or select which to use.
With four focuses (reading, writing, word work, and literature connection activities) you can pick and choose when you will use each set of activities. Use all of them at once for a complete book study or come back to different activities as they come up in your own curriculum’s scope and sequence.
Save over 20% by grabbing this set in the Fall Read Aloud Bundle
✓ Link and directions to use the digital version in Google Classroom™
✓ Teacher Suggestions
✓ Teacher Guides
✓ Extensive Guided Question List
✓ Blooms’ Leveled Questions on Sticky Notes
✓ Reading Anchor Charts - Visualizing
✓ Reading Activities - Visualizing
✓ Rereading with New Lens Guide
✓ Writing Anchor Charts - Writing with Vivid Verbs
✓ Writing Activities - Writing with Vivid Verbs
✓ Word Work Anchor Chart - Is that Noun Plural or Possessive?
✓ Word Work Activities - Is that Noun Plural or Possessive? (with answer keys)
✓ Literature Connection Student Activities - Write your own poem, descriptive character writing, book review, and more!
Please see the preview for a more detailed look at all this product has to offer.
You might also be interested in these activities:
- Back to School Read Aloud Bundle
- Lost in Fall Writing Project
- Fall Close Reading
- October Writing
- October Poetry
- Fall Themed Kindness Posters
- Fall Opinion Writing
Follow me by clicking the green star at the top of my store page for notifications of new products and sales. Remember new products are always 50% off the first 24 hours!
- Subscribe to my blog for engaging teaching ideas and exclusive freebies!
- Think Grow Giggle Blog
- Follow me on Instagram for behind the scenes views of Think Grow Giggle:
- Think Grow Giggle on Instagram
- Follow me on Pinterest for more teaching ideas:
- Think Grow Giggle on Pinterest
- Follow me on Facebook:
- Think Grow Giggle on Facebook
Questions? Email me at ThinkGrowGiggleShop@gmail.com