Fall STEM Challenge Activity for Middle School | Corn Maze for Halloween STEM
Also included in
- Middle schoolers can be a tough crowd. Are you struggling to keep your middle school students engaged in rigorous STEM learning? You can promote critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills by teaching the engineering design process with these engaging STEM challenges! EacPrice $51.94Original Price $74.20Save $22.26
- It is a challenge to keep students engaged when the weather is changing and holidays are around the corner. If you are struggling to keep your students’ attention and get to the end of the period, you are not alone! Now imagine having exciting, middle school STEM challenges on hand to keep your studPrice $38.67Original Price $55.25Save $16.58
Are you looking for the perfect fall STEM challenge to celebrate the season? Or how about a Halloween STEM activity to keep your students engaged between celebrations? Check out this exciting fall design challenge that is sure to keep your students' interest.
In this fall STEM challenge, students will learn about real-world corn mazes. Then they will use the engineering design process to design and build a 3D marble maze modeled after a corn maze. Grab this resource today so you can take a break from planning and know your students will still be learning and having fun as you enjoy the fall season!
This fall STEM challenge includes:
- PDF, Google, and Easel versions of the student project packets
- Background videos for students to learn about real-world corn mazes
- Detailed teacher notes that include suggestions for differentiation and virtual learning
- A slideshow to assist with lesson facilitation
- A rubric for easy grading
- End-of-project celebration certificates
Materials needed for the fall STEM activity:
- Printed or digital copies of the student project packet
- The building materials for this project are flexible! You can use whatever you have available, such as building bricks, wooden blocks, shoeboxes, paper, straws, tape, cardboard, paper towel rolls, etc.
- Art supplies for decorating the mazes (optional)
What are other teachers saying?
“I'm always looking for new ways to use Legos with middle schoolers, and this is a great way! Creating the maze was not difficult, but meeting all the requirements and making adjustments to the maze was a challenge. The students enjoyed it. Thanks!”
"This is such a fun activity! All ages love to play with LEGOS, and this gave them a challenging, but creative way to do it! Thank you!"
How can the fall STEM challenge be used in your classroom?
- Keep students learning and engaged throughout the weather changes and excitement that comes with the fall season
- Embrace the holiday spirit with a Halloween STEM activity
- Use the challenge to keep students on task when you have unusual schedules or low attendance due to field trips, testing, assemblies, or other interruptions
- Give your students practice with problem-solving using the engineering design process
- Introduce real-world STEM disciplines and professions
- Give students an opportunity to develop their 21st-century skills, such as communication, collaboration, and critical thinking
- Assign the resource for extra credit, a holiday break packet, or an extension activity
Did you know you can earn credit towards future TPT purchases by leaving a review? If you download this product, please come back and leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TPT
If you liked this product, check out:
- Halloween STEM Challenge
- Engineering Career Research Project
- Dream Big Engineering Our World Movie Guide
Let’s stay in touch!