Fall fun has only begun with these 10 fall themed science activities! Each activity includes a list of materials, procedures, an explanation of what happens during the experiment, and questions to consider. Plus, a list of fun literature to go along with your experiments. You will also find a Fall Science Journal for your students to record all their predictions, observations, conclusions, and questions.
1. Brown, Brown Go Away- students will discover if they can keep a sliced apple from turning brown.
2. Sweet Soak- students will see what happens to candy corn when soaked in different liquids.
3. Five Little Pumpkins- students will test their engineering skills to see if they can build a structure with 5 candy pumpkins and toothpicks.
4. Hidden Colors- students will explore the different possible color changes for leaves in the fall.
5. Spooky Images- students will discover how UV light can reveal hidden images that glow in the dark.
6. Scary Science- students will discover how static electricity is used to make bats, ghosts, and pumpkins move on their own.
7. Pumpkin Save- students will test different methods to see which will preserve a pumpkin the longest.
8. Thanks for “Popping” By- students will discover how heat changes a food staple at the first Thanksgiving-corn!
9. Chocolate Hope Floats- students will discover what the Pilgrims would have done if the Mayflower had to be built with leftover chocolate Halloween candy-will it sink or float?
10. Amazing Turkey Race- students will discover how force can help their turkey win the race and keep it from being dinner.
The Fall Science Journal includes a cover to use it as a bound book. You can also use the journal pages individually if you do not plan to do all 10 experiments at once. Enjoy!
You may also like:
Get them all in a Bundle:
Follow my store and "Like" my page on Facebook for instant updates on products, promotions, sales, and freebies!
Like My Page!