Also included in
- ⭐️⭐⭐️⭐️⭐️ "My students are really enjoying these seasonal science activities so far. I'm so excited I found them! This is really going to step up my science game! Thank you!" - ArianeIntegrate more science into your curriculum using fun and engaging seasonal content that combines monthly topics with haPrice $44.00Original Price $55.00Save $11.00
Integrate fall into your science curriculum using these fun autumn-inspired activities. Students will celebrate pumpkins, Dia de Los Muertos, and Halloween as they complete the activities based around the science topics of physical and chemical changes, the skeletal system, life and energy cycles, and design and engineering STEM lessons.
October science topics covered:
- Life cycles
- Energy cycles
- Physical and chemical changes
- Skeletal human body system
- STEM design and engineering
October holidays covered:
- Dia de los Muertos, also known as Day of the Dead
Fall science lessons include:
- Teacher tips and instructions to implement the activities into your classroom
- Digital instructions to distribute the Google Slides activities through your secure learning management system such as Google Classroom, Schoology, Canvas, etc.
Life Cycle of a Pumpkin Activity
- Science text detailing the stages of the life cycle of a pumpkin along with comprehension questions
- Graphic organizer to summarize information
- Digital version
- Answer Key
Skeletal System Activity
- Science text introduces students to the parts, functions, and how the skeletal system operates. This lesson includes comprehension questions.
- Hands-on activity to replicate a human bone
- Digital version of science text included
Physical and Changes Halloween Experiments
- Teacher directions
- Three physical and chemical changes experiments for students to determine the change in matter that is occurring:
- Glow sticks
- Pumpkins in water
- Wizard's potion
- Answer key
Dia de los Muertos - Day of the Dead
- History text of this holiday along with significant symbols and traditions
- Two science STEM activities
- Create an ofrenda
- Making marigolds
- Digital version included
- Rubrics and answer keys included.
Scientist in the News
- Print and digital reading on famous scientist, Marie Curie
How to use these activities in your classroom:
- Science stations
- Fall Friday Fun
- Use the readings as sub plans
- Before Fall Break
- To extend your chemical changes, life cycle, skeletal system, or STEM unit.
- We used the graphic organizer along with an activity based around the book "Pumpkin Jack." It was great because it allowed the students to see the life cycle of the pumpkin.
- I love these monthly science activities. They are great for adding engaging activities to class each month. I have bought many of your resources and appreciate both the printable versions and the digital ones. Thank you!
- Cool ideas. My kids really enjoyed this. Thanks!
- A super fun activity during a crazy time of the year!
Other science activities you might be interested in:
- Skeletal System Unit
- Physical and Chemical Changes Activities
- Scientists and Inventors Classroom Decor and Articles
Monthly science activities you may be interested in:
- January Science Activities
- February Monthly Activities
- March Science Activities
- Science Activities for April
- Science Activities for May
- June Science Activities
- FREE Summer Science Activities for July
- August Summer Science Activities
- Back to School September Science Activities
- November Science
- December science activities
Kindly Note: If you have questions, do not hesitate to email me at Teaching Muse Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Thank you for visiting Teaching Muse. I would love for you to become a follower.
Teaching Muse followers receive new product information and discounts on any new items!
All rights reserved by Teaching Muse. This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. Additionally, this product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). They are intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.