Fall Season Science Unit - Reading & Writing Activities - Pumpkins Leaves Apples
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Teach non-fiction, animal, and science topics ALL YEAR with this massive bundle of 17 Non-Fiction & Animal Science Units. Make learning about animals, seasons, and other non-fiction topics fun with these engaging non-fiction ELA and science mini-lessons and activities. This resource will help yoPrice $67.40Original Price $168.50Save $101.10
- Do you need lesson ideas and activities to teach your students about summer, winter, spring, and fall? Make learning about the 4 seasons exciting with these engaging non-fiction ELA and science mini-lessons and activities for each of the seasons! This bundle of resources will help your first gradePrice $23.20Original Price $40.00Save $16.80
Do you need lesson ideas and activities for your fall unit? Make learning all about fall fun with these engaging hands-on non-fiction ELA and science mini-lessons and activities! This resource will help your first grade, second grade, or third grade students build writing skills, understand informational text and build reading comprehension, and learn interesting facts about pumpkins, apples, and leaves this fall season.
⭐ Create anchor charts to lead your lessons and use the low-prep activities to teach a comprehensive unit that supports every student in your classroom.
⭐ Students will discover about autumn by reading captivating non-fiction text that is written in student language and completing partner projects and independent activities.
What you get in this 200+ page All About Fall unit:
- Visual activity instructions for your lessons
- Non-fiction children’s book list about fall to use for your project
- Know, Wonder, Learn (KWL) & Schema activities with anchor chart headers
- Vocabulary and fact posters with real photographs
- Vocabulary activities – matching & cards
- Fact sorting and recording pages
- Labeled diagrams of a leaf, apple, and pumpkin
- Printable booklets for kids to fill-in, read, and draw
- Life cycle of a pumpkin with anchor chart headers, activities, and mini books
- Fall photo analysis
- Differentiated writing prompts
- Pumpkin directed drawing
- Fall writing and craft
- Research report booklet and writing paper
- Compare & contrast autumn to spring on a Venn Diagram
- Fall observation journal
- 3 fall experiments
**Check out the PREVIEW for a thorough look into what this resource includes!**
Why You Need the All About Fall unit:
- This unit provides several activities and template choices making it easy to and of your students.
- are presented to your students in a fun, engaging way with photographs to keep them focused and excited to learn more.
- This resource helps you about fall themes to of related vocabulary and facts.
- and with the included stories and ELA activities.
- , teach, and organize the facts and vocabulary for this unit with the easy-to-print anchor chart pieces.
- Use the included tools to facilitate a fun fall research project!
The best part? This resource as it comes with and everything you’d need to teach your students about fall.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kristie S. says,” this resource is AMAZING with all of the beautiful pictures and "different" ideas that are not the usual norm!! I LOVE IT!!!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kirstie B. says, “I highly recommend this resource. It is literacy heavy and great for descriptive writing. It has great science experiments that get students observing and predicting what will happen next.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jennifer M. says, “My students love the resource. I'm sorry I didn't buy all 4. It is engaging, organized and fits cross-curricular. We spread the resource over a few weeks, go outside and investigate and enjoy the experiments. Thank you!”
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
Purchase the Seasons Nonfiction Reading ELA & Science Bundle to get this pack plus Summer, Winter, and Spring units!
You may also like…
→ Nonfiction & Animal Science Units Whole Year Bundle
The activities align to the Common Core standards for Reading Informational Texts and Writing and the Next Generation Science Standards.
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
W.1.2, W.1.7, RI.1.1, RI.1.2, RI1.3, RI.1.4, RI.1.5, RI.1.6, RI.1.7, RI.1.9, RI.1.10
W.2.2, W.2.7, RI.2.1, RI.2.2, RI2.3, RI.2.4, RI.2.5, RI.2.6, RI.2.7, RI.2.9, RI.2.10
W.3.2, W.3.7, W.3.8, W.3.10, RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.3, RI.3.4, RI.3.5, RI.3.6, RI.3.7, RI.3.9, RI.3.10
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our FREE Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft