Save money and get my Fall Sight Word Bundle at a discount. Help your students learn their high frequency words by playing a sight word game! In this bundle you get 3 games: September "Crunch", October "Boo", and November "Gobble".
The words used in this sight word game come from Fountas and Pinnells' high frequency words lists. Included is the 25 word list, 50 word list and 100 word list.
Each set of cards is labeled with the correct word list so you may easily divide the card up or combine them.
This game is great for elementary and special ed classrooms! Use with partners, small groups or literacy centers! Student's are sure to have a blast while learning these words.
Directions to Play:
Game can be played with partners or in a small group
1. Place cards in a container or in a pile faced down.
2. Player one reads the word on the card. If it is read correctly, they keep the card. If it is not read correctly, the player puts the card back in the draw pile or in the container. Now it is the next player’s turn.
3. If a player draws a “Crunch”, "Boo" or "Gobble" card, that player has to put all their cards back in the pile or container.
4. Game is over when all cards have been won.
5. The winner is the player with the most cards.
6. When the game is over, students can write some of the words they one on a recording sheet provided with that month's theme!
**You will receive a zipped file. Make sure you can unzip the file and then you will receive a pdf of each sight word game!**
See below for each monthly sight word game!
Have questions or a comment? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
September Sight Word Game "Crunch"
October Sight Word Game "Boo"
November Sight Word Game "Gobble"
December Sight Word Game "Elf"
January Sight Word Game "Snowflake"
February Sight Word Game "Cupid"
March Sight Word Game "Leprechaun"
April Sight Word Game "Bunny"
May Sight Word Game "Lightening"