If you're looking for a fun way to display and CELEBRATE the sight words your kindergartners have learned to read, then this Fall Sight Word Tree may be just what you need!
This set is compatible with ANY READING CURRICULUM! It includes EDITABLE pages (using PowerPoint) for you to type the words your class has been learning. You can choose from either 12 or 16 words to assess. Assessment is easy --- simply ask your students to read the words directly from your word lists and circle with a bright marker the words they are able to read correctly. These will be the words that they display on their Sight Word Trees!
You have THREE options for making the leaves....
- Copy onto white paper and have your students copy the words you circled onto the leaves. Then, they will color with crayons and cut out.
- Copy the leaf pages onto Fall-colored construction paper and cut out with a paper cutter. Have students count out the number of leaves they need and then write their words onto them.
- You could also use the editable leaf pages and type the words you need.
After assessing, students will assemble their sight word leaves and tree trunks onto 9x12 blue construction paper. These can be displayed as a colorful and festive "Brag Board" in the hallway for all to see!
***Please note: you will need PowerPoint to utilize the editable word lists.***
Don't Miss Out on TPT Credits:
• Go over to your My Purchases page (you may need to log-in). Beside each purchase you'll see a flashing "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. TPT will give you feedback credits which you can use towards future purchases --- woo hoo! Plus, I value your feedback greatly and I love hearing from my followers. It makes my day!
Be the first to know about my new freebies, products and discounts:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo. Clicking it makes you a follower! You will then receive emails telling you about new products, freebies, discounts and updates!
Keywords: high-frequency words, sight words, Fall bulletin board, Fall sight words, Fall reading