Enjoy some fall fun activities to engage your students in speech/language sessions!
This unit includes:
- Cariboo* fall inferencing game cards with fall items. Cut out the cards and place them in your Cariboo game board. Use the descriptive calling cards (e.g. "I am a fun fall decoration that you can also eat! I can be carved. What am I?") and have your students locate the correct game card. Pictured items on the game cards include: owl, pumpkin, candy apple, sunflower, leaf, tree, hot chocolate, squirrel, turkey, corn, candy corn, scarecrow, fox, acorn, and apple.
- Cariboo* fall inferencing game cards with fall costumes. Cut out the cards and place them in your Cariboo game board. Use the descriptive calling cards (e.g. "Buzz! I like honey. Be careful because I can sting. Who am I?") and have your students locate the correct game card. Each game card has a child wearing a different costume. Costumes include: superhero, cat, cowboy, princess, pirate, witch, pumpkin, ghost, skeleton, vampire, wizard, bee, ladybug, fairy, and Little Red Riding Hood.
- Social skills fall themed game board. Help the squirrel get to the acorn! Various social questions are throughout the game board. Targets: greetings, asking “how are you?”, giving compliments, and basic social questions.**
- Blank game board. Laminate for multiple and various uses!
- 2 dot sheets (apple and pumpkin) included for open ended activities or reinforcement
*Don’t have Cariboo? That’s totally okay! Cut out the cards and scramble them on a table. Have your students find the correct animal as you read the calling cards.
** Please note: For all the game boards you’ll need a game piece for each player and die/dice, which are not included in this packet.
I hope you love this packet as much as I loved making it for you!!
Keywords: autumn, fall, speech language therapy, Cariboo games, fun activities, back to school, social skills games, blank board game, Halloween costumes, dress up, pretend, make believe