Also included in
- Paired Passages ready to use in your classroom! This BUNDLE contains 12 sets of paired passages (24 total passages) that have a seasonal or holiday theme to keep your students interested and expose them to a variety of paired texts.Note: The paired passages and comprehension activities now include D$12.00$21.00Save $9.00
- If you are required to teach paired passages, this is a must-have resource! This MEGA bundle includes 14 of my Paired Passage Resources, for a total of 32 sets of paired passages! This resource will provide you with an entire year's worth of paired passage practice!NOTE: All of the paired passages i$32.00$53.00Save $21.00
Paired Passages ready to use in your classroom! These paired passages are have a seasonal theme to keep your students interested and expose them to a variety of paired texts.
Note: The fall and Thanksgiving paired passages and comprehension activities now include DIGITAL versions for use with Google Slides. See page 3 for the details and link to access.
Many state assessments have started using paired passages and texts instead of single passages. This resource will provide with the necessary resources you need to tackle paired passages in your classroom in an engaging, seasonal way.
This resource includes two sets of paired passages (four passages total) with a fall & Thanksgiving theme.
Here is a snapshot of the passages:
Set 1 (Fall Themed)
Two informational texts about how trees prepare for the winter, one specifically about the color of fall leaves and one about how trees prepare in other ways
Set 2 (Thanksgiving Themed)
Two narrative texts about the first Thanksgiving, one from the point of view of a Native American and another from the point of view of a Pilgrim settler
Each paired passage set includes the following:
- 4 constructed response questions that require information or knowledge from both texts.
- A "Highlight Your Evidence" printable that requires the student to dig deeply into both texts to find evidence to support a conclusion.
- A writing prompt that requires the students to integrate details from both texts.
The paired passages and the activities are available in THREE versions:
- Traditional Worksheet Version
- Interactive Notebook Version
- Digital Version for Google Slides (see more details below)
The digital fall and Thanksgiving paired passages have been created for use with Google Slides.
The paired passages and practice pages have been redesigned in a horizontal format and with color.
The students will type their responses directly onto the slides. They will also use moveable semi-transparent yellow rectangles to highlight text evidence.
See the video preview for more details about the digital paired passages.