Using autumn themed words, this lesson explores how you can use ostinati in layers to create a simple instrumental piece that sounds more complicated than it is. This gives your students experience with being responsible for a part as others do something different (National Music Ed Standard #2). It is a flexible lesson that you can adapt to whatever instruments and resources you have. There are extension activities that include writing a melody to sing with the instrumental piece you will perform, creating your own version of the same activity, and even using "digital" music like iPads to play the instrument parts, with recommended Apps.
This product is a ZIP file all needed resources to teach this lesson. Included in the ZIP files are the following files:
* The complete, detailed lesson plan, including possible extension activities (in PDF format)
* All accompanying images/slides to help teach the lesson (each ostinato, all the layers with rhythm notation) in 3 formats:
2) PPT (PowerPoint) file of the same images
3) BMP (Bitmap) image files (each page saved separately)
4) Flipchart (for Promethean Boards) to be opened in ActivInspire of the same images as above (NOTE: this is for only specific users who use ActivInspire - since it was created in ActivInspire I included it for those users who use this specific brand of Activboards - the file will import into Smart software however so Smart users can access this by converting the file in Smart software - even if you don't use ActivInspire, the other parts of this download will be usable to you)
The ZIP file contains a variety of file types so that this lesson is accessible to all users, regardless of your computer set-up. I like to offer all files types to make sure you can teach this lesson in the way you are comfortable!!
NOTE: The downloadable preview file above is of the lesson plan file. The preview images to the right are of the images included in the ZIP file. I wanted you get to see a little of all the files in the download.
I'd love to hear from you, so please take just a moment to leave a friendly comment and rating below. Your kind words of feedback make my day! Thanks!
For freebies, ideas, lesson plans, and coupon codes, visit my blog, Learn Me Music
and follow me on Facebook at Learn Me Music