This slide show was created for 2nd grade students to engage on a discussion about the Fall & create a Fall tree using black glue & watercolor paint. There are 6 slides in total & an outline of the lesson.
*Art vocabulary words used for the slide show & lesson are in all caps.*
Slide 1: Title & image
Slide 2: When you think of FALL what do you think about? What reminds you of Fall?
Slides 3 & 4: Fall images
Slide 5: Slide of leaving falling off of a tree.
Slide 6: Description & image of what we will be creating.
Lesson outline: This lesson should take 2 40 minute classes.
1. Start slideshow of FALL & have students discuss what reminds them of Fall.
2. Let them come up with as many things they can think of before showing image slides.
3. Tell the students we will be creating a WATERCOLOR RESIST using GLUE & WATERCOLOR PAINTS.
4. Give the students a piece of watercolor paper.
5. Have students create a tree FILLING THE SPACE of the page.
6. Go over the tree with black glue (created from glue & black...you could use brown.... tempera paint)
7. Let dry.
8. Next class have a discussion about colors that are seen in the fall, i.e., warm colors in leaves, cool colors in the air...
9. Have students use paintbrushes to paint on their choice of watercolor paint.