Also included in
- BUNDLE: Fall/Autumn, Columbus, Halloween, Thanksgiving; Where do the sentences end? Provide your first or second grade students with reading, writing, capitalization, punctuation, and sight word practice with these NO PREP differentiated (three levels) editing sheets. Each page of every product in$22.25$27.75Save $5.50
- WHERE DO THE SENTENCES END BUNDLE - Are you looking for fun and engaging NO PREP activities to help your students practice reading, writing, capitalization, punctuation, and sight words all at the same time? Then this huge, differentiated growing bundle of editing worksheets and writing prompts is f$79.95$107.75Save $27.80
NEW! Digital option now available - perfect for Distance Learning! Where do the sentences end? Are you looking for fun and engaging NO PREP autumn themed activities to help your students practice reading, writing, capitalization, punctuation, and sight words all at the same time? Then this differentiated packet of editing worksheets and writing prompts is for you! You’ll have print-and-go worksheets at your fingertips all fall long! They're perfect to use in class or for remote learning.
◉◉ UPDATED AUGUST 2020: TpT Easel Activity (Digital Version) Now Included ◉◉
If you choose to use the digital format of this resource, you can assign the TpT digital pages to your students through a link share or Google Classroom. When students click that link, they will be taken to the Digital Activity on the TpT platform, sign in to their Google account, and then be able to complete the activity on a laptop or tablet.
( In my growing bundle, each time I add a new themed packet, the price of the bundle will increase accordingly. However, once you buy into a growing bundle, you get all the future additions for free! )
Each page of this resource has two or three fall-themed sentences with missing capitals (beginning of a sentence, proper nouns, “I”) and punctuation (period, question mark, exclamation point). The pages together make a simple book about fall.
⟿ Please make sure you check out the product preview to see everything that's included!
You’ll be giving your boys and girls sentences with no punctuation or capitals. Their job is to figure out where the sentences end, edit the sentences, and then rewrite them with correct capitalization and punctuation, as well as neat handwriting.
A major stumbling block for correct capitalization and punctuation is knowing where the sentences end. Young writers need lots and lots of practice with these skills. I created these editing and writing practice sheets for that purpose, and used them 2-4 times a week in my classroom throughout the school year. I was impressed with the students’ improvements as the weeks progressed!
◉◉ INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE ◉◉
- Detailed Lesson Plans
- TpT Easel Activity (Digital Version) and Directions on How to Access and Use
- Editing Marks Anchor Charts
- "How do I Know Where the Sentences End?" Anchor Charts
- Fall-Themed Editing Pages
- Answer Keys
- Themed Lined Sheets for Student Generated Writing
- Themed Cover Pages to Make Student Books
◉◉ There are THREE LEVELS so you can differentiate in your classroom:
- Easier Edit and Rewrite
- More Challenging Edit and Rewrite
- Student Generated Writing
◉◉ Great to use for:
- Remote Learning
- Literacy Centers
- Independent Work
- Part of Guided Reading
●●● Product page count includes 20 answer key pages and some duplicate pages for ease of printing. (You are not charged for duplicate pages.)
Take a look at some of the great feedback for this resource:
- "I have to tell you, my students are STRUGGLING with understanding WHERE punctuation goes within text, and this has truly been PERFECT for quick and comprehensive practice. It is so helpful that you have different levels of complexity as well. Thank you!"
- “Love it so much I purchased the winter and spring edition.”
- “I loved that there were 3 levels of difficulty to choose from. Great way to easily differentiate based on needs of the students. Thanks!”
- “I own your winter and spring themed packets. I like them a lot. It definitely helps the children with writing complete sentences.”
- “These are such excellent worksheets to use for practice!”
- “Great resource for reinforcing punctuation and capitalization!”
Related Resources You May Like:
- Fall Writing Capitalization and Punctuation Practice | Digital and Print
- Christopher Columbus Writing Capitalization and Punctuation Practice
- Halloween Writing Capitalization and Punctuation Practice | Digital and Print
- Halloween Writing Craftivity - Bats
- Halloween Writing Craftivity - Look Under the Pumpkin
- Halloween Writing Activity | Restate the Question Practice | Digital and Print
- Halloween Writing Activity - Who Am I?
- Halloween Reading Writing and Craft BUNDLE
- Halloween Nouns Game | DIGITAL and PRINT Task Card BUNDLE
- The First Thanksgiving Unit
- Thanksgiving Writing Craftivity
- Thanksgiving Writing Capitalization and Punctuation Practice
- Thanksgiving Activities - Reading Writing and Craft BUNDLE
- Writing Capitalization and Punctuation Practice FALL BUNDLE
- Writing Capitalization and Punctuation Practice MEGA GROWING BUNDLE
Did you know that leaving feedback earns you credits toward future TpT purchases? It’s so worth it, and I love getting feedback!
Please follow me, and you’ll be notified when I upload new resources. My new resources are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted!
My mission is to help overwhelmed K-2 teachers regain precious time by equipping them with high quality, engaging, easy-to-use ELA and math resources.
Let me help you regain precious time!
K-2 to the Core