This fall writing center includes fall writing prompts, fall vocabulary words for your Word Wall along with a transition words and phrases bulletin board set.
The Important Book by Margaret Wise Brown is an ideal anchor text for teaching paragraph organization and structure as well as developing ideas with young writers.
Don’t own the book? I have included two different SafeShare.tv links to read aloud videos to share with your class!
Included in this resource:
- Introduce the Class Project: Anticipatory Set
- 2 SafeShare.tv links to The Important Book read aloud
- Lesson Plan
- Visual Directions
- Writing Sample/Model
- Idea Web
- 6 pumpkins with Transition Words and Phrases
- Transition Words and Phrases Desk Helper
- 1 editable template so you can create your own prompt
- 1 Blank (double-sided) writing paper
- 45 fall vocabulary words for your word wall
- Book Cover for “Autumn” (both color and blackline)
- Book Cover for “Fall” (both color and blackline)
- Book Cover for “Thanksgiving” (both color and blackline)
- Book Cover for “Halloween” (both color and blackline)
- 22 Writing Prompts in both color and blackline (2 pages each):
Suggested Fall Writing Activities:
- Create a class book using the different book covers included in this resource for Fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving
- Create 3 individual student books using the different book covers (Fall, Halloween and/or Thanksgiving)
- Create one Fall Book including a variety of writing prompts for the season
- Set up an independent writing center with the visual directions and allow your students to write when they complete their work early.
Please view the preview for a more in depth look into this resource. You and your students will love it!
If you enjoy the layout of these editable writing papers, you will love these too:
- Winter Writing Prompts and Winter Word Wall
- Writing Publishing Papers with Editable Writing Prompts / Titles
- Back to School or End of the Year Class Book
From my home away from home…
The K Files