Fall Writing for Second Graders is a packet of second grade writing activities with a fall season theme.
The writing activities can be used for a writer’s workshop, at a thematic writing center, or for independent and guided writing practice.
The packet includes:
3. Learning About the Fall Season – write, illustrate, and share 5 facts about the fall season.
4. What can you write about a scarecrow? – draw and write about a scarecrow
5. Dear Fall Note
6. Write a List! – draw pictures and write a list of fall writing ideas.
7. A Fall Story – draw and write a story about the fall season.
8. How many words can you make from the letters in fall season?
9. Fall Days Are Fun Days writing – write about fun fall activities.
10. Dancing leaves . . . falling down on me. writing
11. Fall Colors – complete the sentences about the colors of fall.
12. How to Make a Scarecrow Booklet
13. Compare & Contrast Pumpkins and Apples – complete a Venn diagram.
14. Season Changes – write and illustrate lists of changes in the fall and summer seasons.
15. Autumn Leaves Are Falling writing
16. Fun Fall Activities – write lists of nouns and verbs that describe fun fall activities.
17. Fall Weather – write lists of nouns and adjectives that describe fall weather.
18. Read a FALL book.
19. Retell a Fall Story
20. Johnny Appleseed Story – draw and label the setting, character(s), problem, and solution of a Johnny Appleseed story.
22. Writing About Johnny Appleseed. – read, write, illustrate, and share three things that are learned from reading a Johnny Appleseed story
23. Johnny Appleseed is a legend . . . – write about Johnny Appleseed and illustrate.
24. Writing About Apples – use a word bank to write about apples and illustrate.
25. How an Apple Grows
26. Apple Facts
27. Fall Sports – write about a favorite fall sport.
28. Things That Fall
29. Fall Sentences – write a sentence for each given fall word. Use own fall words to write sentences.
30. A Pumpkin Story – write the setting, character(s), problem, and solution of a pumpkin story.
31. Hanging Around the Pumpkin Patch
32. Pumpkin Life Cycle Booklet
33. Thank you and Credits (p. 51)
Includes graphics by Fancy Dog Studio
. Graphics &/or fonts copyright Dianne J. Hook. www.djinkers.com. License #: 0813188809.
First Grade Schoolhouse