Do you want a fun way to show off your new books and encourage students to read them? Then hold your own “Fall in Love with a New Book” February event!
Here’s what you do…
1) Place all the new books around the library or your classroom on tables
2) Allow students time to explore the books
3) Copy the bookmarks double sided on cardstock or white paper
4) Hand each student a bookmark so that they can write down titles of at least 4 new books that they are interested in reading. Don't forget to teach them to also write down the call number so that they can find the book quickly when they want to check it out.
5) Students can color and decorate their bookmark when they are done.
I hope you find this useful!