PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
I use this DIGITAL inquiry based lesson to show how the great Roman Empire fell apart. This highly engaging lesson uses primary and secondary sources to show the complexity of this historical event and requires the “detectives” to evaluate the documents (or clues!) to determine which cause was most significant.
- a homepage in which students can access ALL components of the activity
- a corresponding booklet for students to take notes
- 6 primary and secondary sources with contextual background information
- a sample case for you to model the activity with your students
- a detective toolkit that shows the process of analyzing a source
- an “official detective report” that has students synthesize and evaluate the sources
- a door poster to engage your students before they even walk in
- lesson plan outline
*Must have Google Drive. All parts to the resource are editable.