The Article and Power Point are illustrated overviews featuring the reasons for the Fall of the Western Roman Empire - Political, Military, Economic, and Social. The Paragraph Assignment instructs the student to select three of the most important reasons for the Fall of Rome and explain the importance of their selection. Activities and Document-Based Question Assessments included.
- 4-Page Illustrated Article
- 30-Slide Power Point Presentation
- Multiple Choice / DBQ Short Answer Assessment + Answer Key
- DBQ Scoring Rubric (allows students to easily score each other's short answers)
- Scaffolded Paragraph Assessment Forms
- Paragraph Scoring Rubric
- "The Fall Scaffolded Review" + Answer Key
- "Historical Examination" Form
- Reflective Writng Activity: "3-2-1"
- "Support from Text" Guide
- "The Fall Crossword" + Crossword Key
- B+W Printables
- Graphic Organizer: "The Fall of Rome - Four Takeaways"
- No Prep - Just Print and Go - Various Assessments Lesson Duration: 45-90 mins.
California State History-Social Science Content Standard Addressed: 7.1
Store: The Medieval World and Early Modern Times