OBJECTIVES: Students will examine what they believe to be the cause of the Western Empire’s decline.
MAIN GOAL: To investigate the cause(s) as to why the Roman Empire declined
Time: 3 Class Period (57 mins each)
LESSON PLAN IN DETAIL:
1. Pass out DBQ packet to Students and read over the directions, planning guidelines, and the rest of the packet with students.
2. Take students to the Media Center, where they are to get in their groups and assign each one of them tasks (tasks are outlined in the planning guidelines)
3. Students can begin to use computers, texts, or other resources to investigate what they believe to be the cause of the decline of the Western Empire
4. Students will create their annotated bibliography for their documents
5. Students can begin compiling their information together to create their DBQ using the template handed out by the instructor
6. Students will put their whole DBQ together