This is a number of the day/ number talks resource that is meant to be done at home with the family. This can be used as traditional "homework" and be taken for credit or sent home as guided practice suggestions. Each page focuses on one number (1-10) and has seven individual activities to help practice each number.
The activities on each number's page are as follows:
1) Tracing number and number work
2) Tally marks
3) Ten frames
4) Exercising with numbers
5) Number sentences
6) Number line
7) Drawing activities
- Two "Number Hunt" pages 0-5, and 6-10. Directions:
"Go on a hunt in your house, outside, or wherever you are! Find an object for each number 0-5.Once you find an object draw it, label it, and write the number word on the line.You have to find something different for every number. Happy hunting!"
-"Suggested Family Fun" page.
Five hands on activity ideas to send home to parents.
Suggested uses for Number of the Day/Number Hunt pages:
- Weekly homework
- Nightly practice
- Spring break packet
-Count for credit or have them turn in for prizes like treasure box or lunch with the teacher.
- Number Hunt pages could be used in school in a center
Suggested uses for "Suggested Family Fun" page:
- Send home in homework packet/as part of the "spring break packet"
- Give to parents at parent nights or conferences
- Use some of these fun activities in your classroom!
Look at the preview for a better look.