Family Guides to Early Literacy BUNDLE (K-1)
Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- Save time! Edit the letters and resources that meet your own curriculum needs.COMPLETE SET of Nellie Edge Family Resources for communication and support of families!Multiply Your Teaching Effectiveness with the power of this BUNDLE!Create meaningful family learning traditions with these parent lettePrice $17.00Original Price $31.00Save $14.00
Use these Family Guides in several ways!
- Choose pages from these guides to create a summer learning packet for families of children going into first grade. Our goal is for children to not only learn to read and write but love to read and write. All Summer long. These engaging lessons and printables are based on our action-research in real kindergarten classrooms.
- Encourage at-home family reading, writing, and literacy play traditions.
All children like to draw and write and make books. Family summer learning needs to be motivating, memorable, and fun to keep literacy alive! The pages in these guides are NOT meaningless worksheets; they are authentic, motivating invitations for building literacy independence.
Use the Family Learning Calendars to:
- give fresh ideas for family activities, inside and out
- involve families to teach basic skills at home
- share ideas for active math, science, and reading immersion
- give gentle suggestions for at-home family-friendly homework
Help Parents Coach Their Children in Handwriting:
• Recognize what quality kindergarten handwriting looks like and why it is important
• Develop small motor skills and efficient pencil grip
• Teach handwriting motions using Zaner-Bloser print style
• Collaborate with teachers in name writing practice at home
• Use consistent handwriting directional language for letter formation
• Understand how to provide feedback that develops a growth mindset
• Teach their child drawing skills
• Understand the difference between mastery of high-frequency “heart words” with good handwriting and phonics-based spelling words
• Understand why 90% of our handwriting practice is with lowercase letters using real words and sentences
- Accelerate writing proficiency!
Show families how to support the writing process with engaging real-world writing activities.
Educate parents about authentic ways to develop writing skills!
Click HERE to Follow My Store and to be notified of new Nellie Edge Kindergarten (PreK-1) products. All new items are listed at 50% off for the first 48 hours after posting! Leave feedback and earn TpT credits.
Follow Nellie Edge Kindergarten blogs
Find resources and support on my website, NellieEdge.com
SMILES for joyful teaching and learning,