Also included in
- Are you ready to be the most memorable 1st grade teacher of a child's life? Use these 9 Escape Rooms to guarantee student engagement while they learn and solve a classroom mystery. With little prep, your students will work as a team to break into a box, which breaks them out of the classroom as th$42.30$47.00Save $4.70
Engage families in a fun Literacy Night or use for a single classroom to reinforce sight words, blends, and problem solving skills. Student solve 3 clues to help a paleontologist find a missing baby dinosaur. They will have to open a box with surprises to escape their room! *NO locks, or fancy boxes needed!
What is in this download?
An Editable PowerPoint is included to personalize and to adapt to any grade. The artwork is copyright protected. Only words can be edited to personalize your student's experience.
Pg. 1 Cover
Pg. 2 Table of Contents
Pg. 3 Directions (with background music link)
Pg. 4 Materials Needed
Pg. 5 Set Up Checklist
Pg. 6 TRAPPED LETTER (Use with CLUE 1)
Pg. 7 – 12 CLUE 1 (Two sets of sight words with beginning blends so you can differentiate, if needed)
Pg. 13 CLUE 2 Mystery Sight Word Decoder
Pg. 14 CLUE 3 Riddle
Pg. 15-18 Dinosaur Clue Posters Large (place under chairs)
Pg. 19 SMALL Dinosaur Clues (to use for LARGE groups of participants)
Pg. 20 Missing Poster (Baby Ankylosaurus, for Display Only)
Pg. 21 Missing Poster (blank to add your own image)
Pg. 22 Baby Ankylosaurus (FOUND poster to put in box)
Pg. 23 Secret Whisper Collector Poster (place on exit door)
Pg. 24 – 26 Top Secret Covers to put on Folders (optional)
Pg. 27 Help Cards (one per person)
Pg. 28 Homework Passes (for prizes in the box)
Pg. 29 Certificates (optional)
Pg. 30 Mystery Decoder Answer Key
Pg. 31-33 Literacy Night Invite and Reminders
Pg. 34-38 PHOTOS of Suggested Set Up
Pg. 39 CLASSROOM Directions
Pg. 40 Credits
It takes about 60 minutes to set up depending on the amount of students participating. I enlist volunteers to help put it all together. It lasts about 20-30 min. to solve all the clues.
Check out the PREVIEW
NOTE: If you are purchasing for a whole school, please remember to buy a lower priced license for each classroom participating. The price is per classroom.
- Escape Room Mystery Sight Word Kindergarten and 1st Grade Activity
- BOOK TASTING ESCAPE ROOM 1-5th
- Escape Room NUMBERS 1-10 - Troll Themed
- Escape Room Alphabet Review -Zoo Themed
- Escape Room Save the Turtles - Ends in a Beach PARTY
- Escape Room Veterans Day
- Escape Room FAMILY LITERACY NIGHT - Dinosaur Themed Editable
- Escape Room -ICEBREAKERS - Getting to Know You
- Escape Room Comprehension - Pirate
- HOLIDAY BUNDLE pack with Video HOOKS
☀️ Escape Room Sight Word Mystery Video HOOK PREVIEW Example
Copyright © 2019 Cindy Martin (Teacher’s Brain)
All rights reserved by author.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.
☺ First 24 HOURS of new products over $1 are ½ off!