Family Literacy Night K-3 is designed for a school wide event. 95 pages of exactly what you need.
Includes the hands-on activities, station signs, parent welcome sign, parent invitation letter, table tent signs for directions, a letter for parents on how to help their child at home, sign in sheet, and all printables needed.
1. Sequencing station- 3 different sequencing sets for families to choose.
2. Punctuation Pockets- (period, question mark and exclamation mark)
3. Noun, Verbs and Adjectives- flipbook
4. Cause and Effect Matching-Secret Decoder
5. Reader's Theater- Little Red Hen
6. Create a Comic Strip-Superhero
7. Puppet Station- puppets included: pig, fox, frog, cow, etc... (Make and Take)
8. Recipe station- families follow a recipe to create trail mix.
9. Bingo for a Book- 10 bingo cards included with call word cards.
10. Cootie Catcher- book review. Create a cootie catcher for families to ask questions about books.
All games/activities are designed for parent/student to complete together. Activities require little prep and budget friendly. Plus activities are on a level of rigor perfect for parents to feel successful. I wanted to make sure parents could easily recreate a game with ease at home using these same ideas.
Just set up the activities in a commons area- gym, cafeteria, or media room and parents rotate through stations.
See Preview to see all the activities
Are you looking for hands-on, easy prep literacy materials for parents and students to complete together? This is perfect. Family Literacy Night will be easy on students, parents, teachers and administrators.
Having a family math night? Check out Family Math Night School Wide Event K-3.