Encourage your students to discover and explore their own stories with this 39 page complete project eResource! Originally designed to be part of a larger unit on immigration, students are asked to compile a collection of family artifacts that can be kept and treasured. Special attention has been made to create a resource that will work for all students, taking into consideration that everyone has very different family situations.
- The philosophy behind the project - Why you need to do this with your students!
- Explanation of how to launch the project
- Tips and Tricks to help with explaining the project to students and parents, record keeping, grading and assessments
- The complete, printable handout with all the ideas and explanations of what to collect for the project including:
Collect Family Signatures
Collect Notes and Letters
Ask Advice/Gather Sayings
Create a Family Tree
Find Other Objects
- Due Dates sheet to copy for students
- Record keeping sheets for YOU!
- Signatures and Advice pages
- Grading Rubric
- Reflection Paper for students to fill out
- Presentation ideas that won’t overwhelm
- Full color photos of example projects
- Link to a Google Slideshow you can use to introduce the project to your students
- Link to a Spotify playlist you can used during presentations