This family unit includes 10 fun and interactive activities designed to help students learn more about their own family. This unit also allows students opportunity to share, and to learn about other family traditions and cultures from their classmates.
Table of Contents:
1. My Family Tree (Includes immediate family template, extended family template, and extra cut outs to add additional family members).
2. My Family From Oldest to Youngest Art Activity.
3. My Role In My Family (Includes planning page and writing paper).
4. What Makes My Family Unique? And Special Journal Writing Activity.
5. Where Is My Family From? Mapping Lesson. (Includes: Directions and World Map).
6. My Family Picture Collage
7. Our Family Recipes Class Cook Book (Includes: cookbook title page, recipe template, and recipe reflection/ additional information page).
8. Family Heirloom Show and Tell and Newspaper Article Writing Activity (Includes: Directions, Letter to parents, and newspaper writing template).
9. My Family’s Traditions Flower (Includes: directions, 5 W’s planning page, and interactive flower template).
10. Interview a Family Member (Includes: directions, planning template and interactive notebook writing page).
Please note: Families are all unique. Please be sensitive to the fact that some students may come from non traditional families including foster homes. Please make sure all students feel safe talking about their families.