Family Unit All About Me Book Companions Reading Comprehension Crafts & Writing
Also included in
- Are you looking for a way to use real children's literature to teach your students guided reading strategies in whole group? This bundle will provide a weekly focus theme and reading comprehension strategy for your whole group guided reading. It is designed for a first grade classroom but can be adPrice $400.00Original Price $652.50Save $252.50
- This bundle includes the four units I use to teach guided reading and comprehension strategies in September. The first unit is Me and my Family with a focus on making text to self connections. The second unit is community helpers with a focus on making connections to the world. The third week is farPrice $35.00Original Price $50.00Save $15.00
This fun unit is perfect for the beginning of the year. I use this as my third week of curriuculum from my guided reading with a purpose. The theme is all about me and family. The focus skill is making text connections to self. During this week we read Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon, The Family Book, Me and My Family Tree and more. This unit includes daily lesson plans, posters, parent connect letter, an original strategy song, comprehension strategies, literacy connections, extension activities, sort activities, and crafts.
The literature used in this unit is:
- Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon by Lovell
- The Family Book by Todd Parr
- What do Mommies/Daddies Do Best by Numeroff
- What do Brothers/Sisters Do Best by Numeroff
- What do Grandmas/Grandpas Do Best by Numeroff
- Me and My Family Tree by Sweeney
- There are also blank templates so you can incorporate any book with the literacy connections.
Read about Me and My Family HERE!
This is part of a weekly series of units covering different reading strategies throughout the year. Guided Reading with a Purpose MEGA BUNDLE.
JOIN MY GROUP CONNECT & COLLABORATE ON FACEBOOK.
Some other fun ways to connect....
©GUIDED READING WITH A PURPOSE