Famous Americans Bundle includes the following historical figures:
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Susan B. Anthony
Use these activities during President’s Day, Black History Month, Women’s History Month or any time of the year when teaching “compare and contrast.”
• 6 Reading/Facts Sheets (1 for each “Famous American”)
• Reading Comprehension sheets
• 7 posters for a bulletin board (these are full sheet size)
• 1 Worksheet “Famous Quotes”
(match the famous American with his/her quote)
• 1 Worksheet "Key Words and Phrases"
• “Similarities and Differences”
graphic organizer (1 for each pair)
• “Venn Diagrams”
(1 for each pair)
• 3 “Compare and Contrast”
practice worksheet with key words
• 1 lined paper for writing “Compare and Contrast” essay
• Have students read facts about these six famous Americans and answer comprehension questions, "Key Words and Phrases", and “Famous Quotes” worksheet.
• Using one or both graphic organizers, have students jot down similarities and differences between a.) George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, b.) Jackie Robinson and Martin Luther King, Jr. and c.) Helen Keller and Susan B. Anthony
• Students will practice writing sentences using key words and phrases.
• Students will then write a compare and contrast essay.
includes the following two products:
Famous Americans: Reading Activities and Posters
Famous Americans: Compare and Contrast