Also included in
- These six science and social studies integrated units are perfect for your first grade classroom. They begin with a content big idea and then integrate and cross over into reading and writing with many math and phonics connections as well!*****Please read the description carefully and download the$95.00$186.45Save $91.45
- These 4 social studies integrated units are perfect for your first grade classroom. They begin with a content big idea and then integrate and cross over into reading and writing with many math and phonics connections as well!*****Please read the description carefully and download the preview to see$65.00$79.80Save $14.80
Do you teach about important people in history in your primary social studies curriculum? This large unit correlates with the first grade Common Core Unit 5 on American Contributors. The contributors included in this packet are: Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, Jackie Robinson, George Washington Carver, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Graham Bell, The Wright Brothers, and Thomas Edison. It's perfect for studying Black History, President's Day and Inventors. (It is unit 4 in my bundle because I moved it to correspond better with MLK day and Black history month)
250+ pages of materials, weekly visual plans, detailed daily lesson plans, and Common Core standards tied to the activities.
Want to try out some of the activities from this unit? Download this Black History FREEBIE!
See this unit in action on the blog!
This is part of my year long integrated units bundle. Other units from this Bundle include:
Included in this packet:
• visual weekly plans for 6 week unit for science/social studies, reading, writing, math and phonics
• detailed daily lesson plans for Science, Social Studies and Literacy
• weekly connections for math and literacy
• word wall cards for 32 vocabulary/content words tied to unit
• 53 Common Core objective cards for literacy, math, science and social studies, plus blank objective cards in each subject area for customizing.
• Who had a bright idea booklet for recording learning about contributors
• 27 writing pages for informative/opinion writing prompts
• 11 Pairs of lightbulb matching cards for stations (match the photo/name to that person's contribution)
• 12 informative paragraphs about people in the unit for editing for capitals and punctuation
• Informative writing graphic organizer
• Opinion writing graphic organizer
• 4 science experiments on electricity and sound (procedures and handouts)
• lightning bug craft and electrical safety writing
• "An inventor is" character traits map (color for whole group and black/white master)
• New invention writing (light bulb) and drawing space (cloud)
• Graphs: favorite president, Franklin or Edision, light bulb or telephone
• fact/opinion sorts in full color PowerPoint Interactive slides and Blackline masters: MLK, black history, presidents, sound
• Conductor/Not a Conductor of electricity sort (color copy for interactive PowerPoint Slide and black/white copy)
• STEM connections: paper airplanes and not-a-box inventions (recording sheets and guiding questions poster
• Anchor Chart Templates in full color and BW: front/back lightbulb for each contributor, OREO opinion paragraph chart, Hand Informative paragraph chart, fact/opinion, facts can be interesting or important, invent me (steps to making an invention)
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2019, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!