Also included in
- Save 10%!! This growing bundle is focused on 15 biographies of professional theater artists. Suitable for middle grade and high school students, the biographies include a description of the artists' journeys to success in their field, trivia, quotes and suggested video clips. A teacher could use thPrice $54.00Original Price $60.00Save $6.00
- This is a GROWING BUNDLE! SAVE 20% Celebrate Blàck History month with a lesson focused on Audra McDonald, Denzel Washington, Viola Davis, Billy Porter, Cynthia Erivo, Ben Vereen, Daveed Diggs, Renee Goldsberry, August Wilson, James Monroe Iglehart nd Camille A. Brown--Broadway Tony award nominees aPrice $35.04Original Price $43.00Save $7.96
- SAVE 20%!! This growing bundle is focused on biographies of professional theater artists and their growth mindsets. Suitable for middle grade and high school students, the biographies include a description of the artists' journeys to success in their field, trivia, quotes and suggested video clips.Price $11.20Original Price $14.00Save $2.80
- BUNDLE save 30% Here are 44 lessons (1,070 pages) with research and study guides focused on Tony Award winning Broadway musicals and famous theater artists through short biographies. Students study, research, synthesize and apply the information with opportunities for individual, distance and/or coPrice $157.75Original Price $225.25Save $67.50
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a middle school teacher teaching seventh graders who requested it. Save up to 20% on this bundle, depending upon the number of products you choose.YOU can do the same thing!Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/AnswePrice $50.43Original Price $60.75Save $10.32
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a middle school teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on bundles. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave level, any category, any lesson. THE PRICE WILL DEPENDPrice $101.47Original Price $109.25Save $7.78
This lesson is focused the stage and film actress, singer and songwriter award-winning Cynthia Erivo. The students research questions about her life, journey to Broadway and film, and various accolades she's received while practicing growth mindset. Finally, using a One Pager assignment, the student designs her life. This lesson takes sixty to ninety minutes to complete. #DistanceLearning#TPT
Need something for a substitute? All is needed is the internet.
Many teachers combine these biographies with others Dramamommaspeaks over actors Lin Manuel Miranda, actresses Audra McDonald and Meryl Streep or designer Ming Cho Lee. Or they tie it to a lesson about the Tony Awards at: Tony Awards Lesson
If your students need to do a research project, the Places Please lessons are good ones to introduce the unit. Perhaps more students would pursue a career in the theater arts if we show them what is possible for them?
In addition, these bios. are a great spring board for discussion concerning goals, tenacity, determination and professionalism.
This product includes:
- Letter to teacher explaining the lesson
- Student note sheet
- Teacher's key
- One pager template for assignment
- One pager example of assignment
- Enrichment activities
- Sources including two links to videos of Cynthia's performances
There is more to theater than just improvisation, plays and games. This is an example of what I mean.
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"Absolutely loved this resource and it tied in nicely with our excursion to see a production. "
"This resource greatly added to my fractured fairy tale theatre unit! Thank you!"
Check out my entire store at: Dramamommaspeaks
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.