Also included in
- SAVE 20%!! This growing bundle is focused on biographies of professional theater artists and their growth mindsets. Suitable for middle grade and high school students, the biographies include a description of the artists' journeys to success in their field, trivia, quotes and suggested video clips.$11.20$14.00Save $2.80
- Save 20%!! This bundle has SIX famous women theater artists--Audra McDonald, Kristin Chenoweth, Idina Menzel, Meryl Streep, Ali Stroker and Sarah Bareilles. Talk about girl power! These biographies include questions for students to research about the artists' journeys to success in their field, tr$16.00$20.50Save $4.50
- BUNDLE save 25%!! Here are 43 lessons (1,055 pages) with research and study guides focused on Tony Award winning Broadway musicals and famous theater artists through short biographies. Students study, research, synthesize and apply the information with opportunities for individual, distance and/or$170.00$225.25Save $55.25
- SAVE 10% This GROWING bundle contains biography lessons concerning Broadway musical composers! Two different formats are available--one is a newspaper and the other is presented as a select group of questions (no two set of questions are alike) focused on the composer's life, achievements and journ$20.70$23.00Save $2.30
This distance learning lesson focuses on actress, singer and songwriter, the award-winning Sarah Bareilles. The student researches questions about her life, journey to Broadway, and various accolades she's received while practicing growth mindset. Finally, using a One Pager assignment, the student designs her life. This lesson takes sixty to ninety minutes to complete. #DistanceLearning#TPT
Need something for a substitute? All is needed is the internet.
Many teachers combine these biographies with other Dramamommaspeaks over actors Lin Manuel Miranda, actresses Audra McDonald and Meryl Streep or designer Ming Cho Lee, Tim Minchin, Pasek and Paul or Cynthia Erivo. Or they tie it to a lesson about the Tony Awards at Tony Awards Lesson
You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Use the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
If your students need to do a research project, the Places Please lessons are good ones to introduce the unit. Perhaps more students would pursue a career in the theater arts if we show them what is possible for them?
In addition, these bios. are a great springboard for discussion concerning goals, tenacity, determination and professionalism.
This product includes:
- Letter to teacher explaining the lesson
- Student note sheet
- Teacher's key
- One-pager template for assignment
- One pager example of assignment
- Enrichment activities
- Sources including two links to videos of Bareille's performances
There is more to theater than just improvisation, plays and games. This is an example of what I mean.
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"Absolutely loved this resource and it tied in nicely with our excursion to see a production. "
"This resource greatly added to my fractured fairy tale theatre unit! Thank you!"
"This is a perfect way to mix up my reading lessons and fun/ engaging. Thank you!"
Check out my entire store at: Dramamommaspeaks
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.